Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above..
I'm after a complete set of engine mount bolts but so far i am struggling!

I need a complete set - engine mount to block and also mount to body.

Any ideas??!?
:cry:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I can get them if you can get sizes

They won't be oe but they will be as good if not better

·
Vendor
46,822 Posts
I've not got them in, waiting on a car arriving then I'll have a full set.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I struggled too, and was quoted nearly £6.00 a bolt by local Alfa dealer, and would have to wait for 3 days.
I got them same day from stock from a firm in Manchester. £1.00 each. Where are you? The mount to body bolts were 12mm metric fineX100mm long. I reused the mount to block bolts, but they just seemed a regular size, although they had Torx heads.
The company was Francis Kirk(socket screws)ltd,. Denton Hall farm road, Denton, Manchester.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Ebay? use the 'ask the seller a question' on any listing for Alfa 156 2.4jtd breaking for spares?Any local dismantlers?or maybe 'breakeryard.com' or a similar service? Or Autoitalia or RGWM(on here!) err if you've tried all of those,I am all out of ideas!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I struggled too, and was quoted nearly £6.00 a bolt by local Alfa dealer, and would have to wait for 3 days.
I got them same day from stock from a firm in Manchester. £1.00 each. Where are you? The mount to body bolts were 12mm metric fineX100mm long. I reused the mount to block bolts, but they just seemed a regular size, although they had Torx heads.
The company was Francis Kirk(socket screws)ltd,. Denton Hall farm road, Denton, Manchester.
Thank you for the suggestions mate! :)
I'm down south near Oxford so i think a phone call is in order... but obviously i'll still need to know sizes and pitch. I had a good look through the eper but it really only gives limited information as to what they should be. Bit of a nightmare really!

Ebay? use the 'ask the seller a question' on any listing for Alfa 156 2.4jtd breaking for spares?Any local dismantlers?or maybe 'breakeryard.com' or a similar service? Or Autoitalia or RGWM(on here!) err if you've tried all of those,I am all out of ideas!
Hi Looneymoo - i went that route.. sent lots of messages on ebay and they either ship them complete with engine or have chucked them into a massive pot of bolts.
Seems non of the local dismantlers have a 2.4 jtd in stock. Just tried breakeryard.com (thank you!) Not tried autoitalia or RGWM either.. so i'll try that next.. thank you! :D

Just noticed yours is a 2.4 JTD, so may be a different size to mine, but Kirks seemed to have every size in every thread!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just thinking back to mine, the 100mm long bolt went through the bracket that's fastened to the engine, and into the turret mounting that is bolted to the body. That was the one that was hard to get. I reused all the others, but they just seemed a regular size. It was that very long one that was hard to find. Have you taken it off yet ?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well of the ones which i do have.. some of them seem almost an inch too long? and the rest i appear to be missing

I'll take some pictures over the weekend...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts