Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I wonder if anyone can help, I have a 156 2.4 JTD with shot front disks, so I am trying to purchase some new ones, but my car is an 01 which is the year they apparently change, how do I find out if I have the new or the old disks, I have looked at the disk dimensions and they are the same so I am stumped, if anyone has the answer for this other than than go to my local ALFA garage, I would really appreciate the help!? I am also noticing more turbo lag, the turbo pipes are fine it isn't smoking and otherwise runs well and has done 90k miles, should I be saving up for a new turbo?

many thanks in advance

·
Registered
30,241 Posts
2.4JTD discs never changed.
Where are you looking that says different?

·
Vendor
46,413 Posts
If one of the discs you are choosing between is vented and the other is solid, then choose the vented, but as David says, there is only one disc that the 2.4 JTD ever had in the 156. They may have it confused for the early 1.8 TS that had solid front discs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks very much for your responses, the reason I thought they had changed is when I looked on ebay they show disks for the 156 2.4 JTD as 1999-01 years and then 2001-06, hence it appears there is a difference, the pricing is the same and the dimensions are the same, other than the date range they appear the same! They are vented discs and they list discs separately for each model so it isn't me looking at 1.8 or anything, I expect it is just a listing issue, it just a bit strange as they have paid for two adverts one for each date range!!

·
Registered
30,241 Posts
They should be the 284x22mm vented discs (same as all 2.0TS & 2.5V6 156).

Before you buy on eBay, check prices on www.buypartsby.co.uk £17.48+VAT each.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's great, they are the right size as you state but more expensive, I will have a look at the website you suggest . thanks again:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts