Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Have recently got myself a 156 and it's putting a smile on my face every morning on the way into work. I have a few little niggles I'm sorting out but nothing serious yet. One thing that I've noticed is that the small LED display on the speedo sometimes turns to gibberish, by this I mean that it will only display half of the characters making it unreadable. This doesn't happen very often so I'm thinking that maybe it's on it's way out. Has anyone experienced this before and if so was the fix to replace the unit or clean some contacts etc? By the way the car is a 2000 2.4 JTD if that helps.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Not experienced this before with Alfa's myself but I used to work for Ford in the dashboard department. I would say that the contacts on the screen to board connection are not connectiong properly. Now I don't know about the alfa screen but there will be one of two types of connection on it as the screen is a standard design in the car market supplied by a supplier. It will either be a fixed pin or a ribbon to board connector. Either way the screens can be removed and swaped and the connections cleaned easily. Now all you got to do is find someone who knows how to get the speedo apart and you're laughing. Hope that helps

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
The speedo comes out with three or four screws - one (at the top) that holds the suround in and two or three that fix the speedo to the dash - there is a resent thread where some one need to replace the light bulbs that illuminate the speedo have a look for this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts