Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I own an alfa 156 2.4 JTD 2001 model, It has had a problem since i've owned it where if you kane it through the gears It dies and won't pull at all, i understand that is the turbo boost, but now i have a bigger problem the other night it would'nt start at all and it had just came back from a run, i left it for about 3 hours and it started and ran fine. But today it broke down completely, and when you start it now it'll run perfectly normally for about 10 minutes and cut straight out and it won't start again till you've left it for a while.. Can anybody help me?

·
Vendor
46,124 Posts
Crankshaft position sensor (Crank, TDC, rpm sensor) has failed.. Don't worry its a cheap part and should take 30 mins to an hour to fit. Common failure, typical symptoms are cutting out once up to temperature, refusal to restart until its cooled down a bit

As for the dying under power, its probably caused by sticking vanes on the turbo's VNT mechanism..

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Crankshaft position sensor (Crank, TDC, rpm sensor) has failed.. Don't worry its a cheap part and should take 30 mins to an hour to fit. Common failure, typical symptoms are cutting out once up to temperature, refusal to restart until its cooled down a bit

As for the dying under power, its probably caused by sticking vanes on the turbo's VNT mechanism..
+1 to that ... the classic symptoms of a crankshaft position sensor ...

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hi Overboost sensor/airflowsensor/ERG valve/ split in your intake pipe on pressure side/ intercooler leaking/ intake pressure sensor.Any off these could cause the lack of power under acceleration!! As been already mentioned the RPM sensor may be at fault for poor staring and cutting out Good luck. The symptoms may not even show up on an examiner or like diagnostic,s equipment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts