Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Read Only
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

since my clutch is slipping (not when accelerating subtly) for the last 10k miles (yes ah no how to drive) it is time and money infusion to get it replaced, finally.

Now, there are so many out there (Borg&Beck, AP, Sachs, Valeo etc). I want to have a clutch that is not for racing. Usual run is to work across Glasgow in the morning (1 hr for 25 miles) and same miles and time back in the evening. On EPay originals are around £130-140. Same as Borg&Beck, Sachs etc.

Which ones would you recommend for normal daily usage?

Ta, Axel

·
Registered
14 Posts
Valeo is fair enough. Had replaced on mine with it. Still no any problems after 35 kkm. Do not forget to replace cylinders as well.

·
Vendor
46,342 Posts
Valeo is original equipment for the 10v with 5 speed box, LUK are on the 20v with 6 speed box. Which do you have?

·
Read Only
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Dan,

I know that it has a Valeo as an original. However I was looking for any opinions for different brands. I know that Sachs is pretty good. That's why I was asking.

Or would you only recommend original spec?

Ta, Axel

·
Vendor
46,342 Posts
I'm assuming you've got a 10v with the 5-speed box?

From what I've seen, even if you buy an LUK or Sachs clutch for the 10v, it just arrives as a Valeo clutch inside an LUK or Sachs box.

There are some cheaper ones out there too, no personal experience but I've read about people fitting them on here and there have been one or two dramas. Although to be fair I have also seen some Valeo units fail shortly after fitting too.

Original is my preference unless you want to spend more money and get an uprated clutch.

·
Vendor
46,342 Posts

·
Vendor
46,342 Posts
I used one of these in my own car, which was a 2.4 10v (std 150hp) remapped to 200hp with a big front mount IC, revised intake & exhaust and driven fairly hard. It lasted about 50k before slipping so fairly reasonable:

CG Motorsport Stage 1 Clutch Kit | CG Motorsport

1 - 10 of 10 Posts