Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, seems to me its just one problem after another, recently fitted a new sump and turbo and one month after something has gone wrong again.

I'm not mechanically minded so all help would greatly be appreciated.

My 156 2,4 jtd has stated chugging over 2 k, feels like there is no turbo at all, i opened the bonnet and have noticed some broken or cracked pipe. I've uploaded some photo's for you all to see, can anyone tell me whats gone wrong?

Thanks for everyone's help

Attachments

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
looks like a split in the egr pipe.

The turbo needs backpressure to spool it, the pressure is being released through the split egr pipe thus resulting in little boost.

either blank it off or replace the egr pipe.

Alfa part most likely.

·
Registered
69 Posts
probably not as bad as you think either, i ordered a new intercoler to inlet pipe £43 and an egr valve £80 today thought it would hurt a lot more than that

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well its a bit like my motor bike, no matter what goes wrong its a £100 quid. Unfortunately i've simply been plagued with problems with this 156. Problem is, from the moment i got it, i fell in love with it, and thats what is draining my pockets, honestly over the last 2 years i could have nearly bought half a new 159!! haha, the joyful world of owning an Alfa!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts