Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I followed Chris156's advice and got a remap from AHM. Adie was very helpful, gave me a free courtesy car (you don't get that much around London) and obviously very passionate and knowledge about Alfas. He even took the time to listen to my typical (idiot) questions. He also did my cambelt+water pump at a very good price. I would strongly recommend him. I'm very happy with the result - utterly gorgeous to drive now....so much so I think I upset a Brera driver in London with its power. I will report back after a few weeks of smile-inducing driving if anyone else is interested in doing the same with the 20v. Next up I think it's Koni FSDs....and most probably better brakes. Any suggestions on brake upgrade?

·
Registered
563 Posts
What was your before and after on the map for power & torque?

Brembo GT kit is a good upgrade but about £1200 or so. You could always go for a GTA upgrade, but you really need a donor car as it's not a simple change. You need the hub carrier/uprights and GTA track roads plus the brakes themselves.

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
:thumbs: glad you're happy ... that punto is a cracking little car too :lol:, as for brakes etc, the most cost effective improvement is putting some DS2500 pads on, and a definate +1 for the FSDs and Eibachs ... obviously you can't get a Q2 (as yours is a 20v) but pretty sure you can get a different brand of LSD to fit ...

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
R Chris we have new Punto now not as fast as the old one but has Air con :)

but the big question is ... will I be able to operate the electric windows in this one ??? :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts