Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Im having a problem with my alfa. When i release the clutch there is a sound coming from the front of the car. It is a sound like u would hit something with a rubber hammer. It hapens in all of the gears but only when u release the clutch too fast and if i dont hold it on the precise moment when it bites. Sometomes i can hear a rattle kind off sound coming from the clutch, again only when i relese the pedal on the point when the clutch bites and in all gears. Does somebody know what would it be? The clutch, Dmf an the bearing were changed last year. Sorry for my bad english im not english, and in my countrys forum nobody knows what it would be. Tnx for the answers

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Sounds like the springs in the DMF. How many miles has the car done?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car has done 120.000 miles. And the complete clutch and dmf was changed 15.000 miles ago. I forgot to tell that the rattle can be heard only when the engine is warm. Now in the winter when is around 0 or below, there is no rattle when releasing the clutch it comes on after driving for few miles, and even than not every time when u realese the clutch. But when it rattles every body in the car can hear it. The knocking accures every time if the clutch isnt released gently.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
I suppose you should look at your driveshafts next then and check all suspension mounts and bushes too just incase they were left loose

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Ahh does this sound familiar! Joss will probably remember that I had exactly the same problem a few weeks ago. Car was making a banging/clonking noise when releasing the clutch quickly. It let me do that 3 times before the car just stopped. Car had no drive, yesterday it was brought to a mechanic and he said straight away that its the clutch that has failed. I had this replace exactly one year ago and it wasnt a cheap chinese part but Valeo. These things happen but I would get it to a mechanic asap or else you could be looking at a bit of trouble if you break down somewhere near nothing like i did :lol:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Ahh does this sound familiar! Joss will probably remember that I had exactly the same problem a few weeks ago. Car was making a banging/clonking noise when releasing the clutch quickly. It let me do that 3 times before the car just stopped. Car had no drive, yesterday it was brought to a mechanic and he said straight away that its the clutch that has failed. I had this replace exactly one year ago and it wasnt a cheap chinese part but Valeo. These things happen but I would get it to a mechanic asap or else you could be looking at a bit of trouble if you break down somewhere near nothing like i did :lol:
Oh yeah I forgot about that mate. TBH though your problems have been so numerous that they are all just one big blur :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine clutch is banging for some time now. At first i tought it is just because it is a new clutch and it has to settle in a little, but with time it wasnt any better and it also started to rattle/clunking. The engine mounts are all 4 new, so i dont think that would be the problem. Is there any whay that it would be the gear box or meybe the diff?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, the dual mass flywheel (DMF) vas changed also, so was the hidraulic master and slave cilinder/bearing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts