Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I own a 2001 156 2.4 10V JTD SW.

I have a few questions and I apologise in advance if they have been asked before so if anyone can answer or point me in the right direction for the answer that would be great.

Now i am wondering about common issues, what to look out for ect.

im already aware of the suspension woes and rust isnt really an issue for me as im in Madrid and it doesnt rain to often. what other common issues are they?

I currently need to change the upper wishbone on the LH side would this be better to do as a pair?

The previous owner must have been deaf as all my speakers are shot, what would be a common upgrade or replacement?

It pulls well but seems a little underpowered up top would a EGR clean sort this issue?

Mine is the 140bhp model what would be a good upgrade for power I know a remap but what would I gain from this and is there any supporting mods to help?

Any general info and tips welcomed!

TIA

·
Registered
JTD 8v stage1+
412 Posts
You can change LH upper wishbone only if LR is "ok".

For speakers you can go to La Torre and take some good used from 3€ /ud or less.

About power you should do logs to check MAF and MAP data or clean MAF, MAP and EGR (I would close physically EGR + resistance or remap).

You can remap it to 200 ps / 400 Nm, upgrade rail pressure sensor to 1.800 bar (it cost me 10€ used) and much more.

·
Registered
9,324 Posts
Do both wishbones as a pair .. you'll probably have to change it soon anyway. Get TRW parts .. everything else uses chocolate for bushes!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

For speakers you can go to La Torre and take some good used from 3€ /ud or less.

About power you should do logs to check MAF and MAP data or clean MAF, MAP and EGR (I would close physically EGR + resistance or remap).

You can remap it to 200 ps / 400 Nm, upgrade rail pressure sensor to 1.800 bar (it cost me 10€ used) and much more.

Thanks for the advice, La torre is that in madrid? also do you know of any reputable companys for a remap?

TIA

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Im guessing this is where you mean? Desguaces La Torre

·
Registered
JTD 8v stage1+
412 Posts
Im guessing this is where you mean? Desguaces La Torre
Sí :rotate:

About remaps in Madrid you have well known like TLR, VAGSpeed, DIMSport, CSR... Well I would go to who make logs, not dyno only. CSR could be my 1st option. I know TLR (first remap years ago) and CSR (last dynos with my own remap).

·
Read Only
4,556 Posts
See thread here:

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/motoring-images/1038586-diesel-dogwagon-156-jtd.html

These are great cars.

Upgrades for more power:

- clean the intercooler
- remove the whole EGR
- find a remapped ECU and plug it in (I bought mine on this forum)

No idea what BHP it is making, but it goes fast.

Upper arms - if one is knackered, then the other probably is too.

Speakers - Focal Access are good, I think they are 6.5", but check first.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sí :rotate:

About remaps in Madrid you have well known like TLR, VAGSpeed, DIMSport, CSR... Well I would go to who make logs, not dyno only. CSR could be my 1st option. I know TLR (first remap years ago) and CSR (last dynos with my own remap).

Thanks i will look them up :blabla:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
See thread here:

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/motoring-images/1038586-diesel-dogwagon-156-jtd.html

These are great cars.

Upgrades for more power:

- clean the intercooler
- remove the whole EGR
- find a remapped ECU and plug it in (I bought mine on this forum)

No idea what BHP it is making, but it goes fast.

Upper arms - if one is knackered, then the other probably is too.

Speakers - Focal Access are good, I think they are 6.5", but check first.
What would you suggest is the best option for cleaning the intercooler?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I went to La Torre yesterday and Wow what a place!, We have Scrap yard in the UK but i have never seen anything like this. The place was absolutely huge. They have a bus that takes you around the place its that big.

when i got to the Alfa section i was really surprised by the amount they actually had to pick from there must have been in excess of 40 156's alone.

also just looking around at some of the other stuff they had there and was amazed at some of the things they had. I saw what Looked to be a Mint Peugeot 505 GTI and couldnt help but wonder why it was there. aside from that there was rows and rows of a lot of cool stuff.

I picked up a near mint condition rear load cover, a Rev counter as mine was faulty (although in a different colour but i quite like it) and a new centre console panel as mine is cracked and broken, all for 35 Euro.

Thanks for the recommendation and i can see myself going there a lot.

·
Registered
JTD 8v stage1+
412 Posts
I went to La Torre yesterday and Wow what a place!, We have Scrap yard in the UK but i have never seen anything like this. The place was absolutely huge. They have a bus that takes you around the place its that big.

when i got to the Alfa section i was really surprised by the amount they actually had to pick from there must have been in excess of 40 156's alone.

also just looking around at some of the other stuff they had there and was amazed at some of the things they had. I saw what Looked to be a Mint Peugeot 505 GTI and couldnt help but wonder why it was there. aside from that there was rows and rows of a lot of cool stuff.

I picked up a near mint condition rear load cover, a Rev counter as mine was faulty (although in a different colour but i quite like it) and a new centre console panel as mine is cracked and broken, all for 35 Euro.
:thumbup: It's perfect to take parts very cheap (small pieces, engine parts, body parts and rare tuneds lol) I go there sometimes too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts