Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi All, I have subject car but -for some reason- I bought it faulty
problem is the prev.owner changed (scrapped it's original engine ECU and hired at dealer and dealer brought other type ECU -to demonstrate engine working- and I came...
so there is no history about what was the original ECU and it's number.

recently fitted with engine ecu 0 261 206 710 which is definetelly not the right one as the selespeed ecu is in service mode

engine is working however can't rev up just to ~4500rpm

Could somebody help me and inform me about the right engine Ecu No. what I need?
I'm really exhausted now...
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
I'm just scrapping a Selespeed of about that age....I'll check later and tell you what the number is on it...but of course if you change the ECU you will need to change the code box and the immobiliser chip from the key.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just scrapping a Selespeed of about that age....I'll check later and tell you what the number is on it...but of course if you change the ECU you will need to change the code box and the immobiliser chip from the key.....
thanks, I'm aware of it! I have the source just need the number of engine ECU, hovewer if you can offer me a reasonable price for it (incl. immo/code box) we can make a deal, thx!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You need to either get a virgin ecu or a matched set of ecu,code box and immo chip.
OK that is clear.
What I'm asking is refers to

when I install

Virgin ECU or
ecu w/code box + immo chip:

do I need to mate them with the existing car Selespeed ECU?
is there any procedures required?

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
Gus (Alfa Tuner) is of course correct on the number - checked mine today and that's what it has - so I can supply a matched set if you need it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts