Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my twinny in the garage for a few weeks whilst i sorted out underseal, and a few other little jobs. Only thing Ive done in engine bay is remove battery tray and clean up the gear linkage. Before it was garaged it had a ticking variator - have a new one and belt kit ready to go on. Any whoooo, started it for the first time and its as rough as. Sounds like its missing and blowing. Tick over is ok, just when its revved. Ive done the ecu reset procedure and that hasnt helped. Is there anything I could have disturbed when removing the battery tray (lots of cables there) ? Could being stood on ramps for a couple of weeks done something to a valve?
Cheers

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tear in rubber hose ? Check the MAF connection..
Well, I decided it's a misfire. Took coil pack off to change plugs and No 1 spark plugs tubes are full of water!
Have no idea where its from? Not losing water from cooling system unless head gasket has suddenly gone and too soon to lose it? Did previously have a eurocrapparts thermostat explode but I'd have thought that water would have evaporated?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Blown gasket wouldn't leak to spark plug tunnels, it would leak inside the combustion chamber or to the oil ways. If that thermostat explosion splashed the engine with coolant or if you washed your engine recently, that would be the cause. Spark plug tunnels are sealed pretty good so it is very hard for water to evaporate. It would eventually evaporate leaving the plug and the coil lead corroded so make sure you change the plugs and clean or replace the leads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts