Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any of tech heads shed some light on this please.

Recently, as in 2 days ago, my 156 2.0TS SW (2000) 89K miles, started to have some rev problems. I noticed that on hard acceleration after 2.5-3k RPM in second, it starts to miss, same in 3rd after maybe 3.5-4 k rpm, it misses and looses power, almost feels like its "chugging". Even in higher gears 4/5th i can feel the reves are not quite right when accelerating, even moderate acceleration. BTW i dont always rev it hard but as we know every now and then its nice to feel/hear that engine!

for info, car is running great generally though of late i feel the power might possible be down somewhat, (possible due to the above mentioned issue). I had the timing belt, waterpump, replaced this year for the second time (first one at 35k), all wishbones and bushings have been done. I also had a head gasket thermostat etc., changed due to a small leak in the gasket which caused an overheating problem resulting in the head gasket replacement, her normal operating temp is 70 on road and rises to 90-98 in traffic.

I am guessing here but this feels electrical, as in a sensor/setting in the engine management unit? or the mass airflow sensor.

any advice/feedback please. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Sounds like AFM/MAF. Usual advice is to disconnect it and see if there's a difference. Many threads on this if you do a search.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts