Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 156 for about 18 months, it has been a great car, recently the water pump blew, and the car got hot. We stopped it as soon as it went up, so no apparent damage to the engine. We replaced the pump, cambelt b/s belt the idler bearing thermostat, cleaned out the radiator etc. When I got it back the car started stalling at intersections, the next day, I sent it back no fault codes timing correct, so the mechanic stumped, went over all the plugs to make sure all plugged in. I have reset the computer, had the MAF and lambda unplugged and driven it no change. I have read lots of threads, but everyones symptoms are a little different. My little lovely stalls at intersections after hunting, and starts immediately after. She has always hunted the idle not on start up, only after being driven, running the aircon helps with that, I thought this was just one of those Alfa hiccups. I have checked the battery terminal leads.
Can anyone help with what they think may be the issue? Does this sound like the RPM unit?:confused:

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Plenty of others have had this happen. A judicious search will reveal all. Can't give link as am on mobile phone at the mo, doing maintenance on pc.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Try doing an idle reset.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found the idle reset, and performed it, better idle at start up and driving nicely, but has not stopped the stalling.... any other ideas please

1 - 5 of 5 Posts