Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, so i randomly decided to put my car on a rolling road, to see what it is developing.

not entirely sure im happy with the outcome, im sure there should be a wee bit more power/torque and the curves arent as smooth as i think they should be.

anyone want to offer their opinion/post their graphs so i can compare?

i have been told that the wheel hp is out by roughly 40, should read 128, this isnt accurate because the sele cant be put into neutral to get an accurate roll down figure....or so they say.

comments please! was hoping for more than 11bhp and 7lb-ft with the modifications/remap, but hey ho....

oh, apologies if this is in the wrong place, but where else to put it?

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
WTF,how come and wheel figures are 88.5 when it is what is actualy read at the dyno and then flywheel figures are calculated?
There is something very wrong.

·
Registered
278 Posts
What did they do the cost down with brakes on :)
thats around 80% loss,s :lol:

I would expect to see around 125 bhp at the wheels on a std 2.0 t spark

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
apparently the sele wouldnt just go into neutral.... bloke even tried opening the door to get it to kick out of gear, but it wouldnt..

·
Registered
278 Posts
There are no true flywheel figure with rolling roads
cost down is only a fudge factor really
Engine dynos give true flywheel figs
with s speed just work off wheel power
plus approx 25 % loss,s

·
Registered
1,499 Posts

I would expect to see around 125 bhp at the wheels on a std 2.0 t spark

my JTS managed 104.5 at the wheels with a estimated 157 at the flywheel.

I will have the power graph some where...

·
Registered
38 Posts
You cant do coast down on a selespeed . So you need to do WHEEL HP or if you own a Dyno Dynamics like I do you dont need to do coast down as its is calculated based on the vehicle type ,FWD RWD or AWD

losses increase and hp increases due to friction ect so you cant just put 25-30hp for all FWD vehicles

·
Registered
38 Posts
You cant do coast down on a selespeed . So you need to do WHEEL HP or if you own a Dyno Dynamics like I do you dont need to do coast down as its is calculated based on the vehicle type ,FWD RWD or AWD which means you can do crank HP .

losses increase and hp increases due to friction ect so you cant just put 25-30hp for all FWD vehicles

·
Registered
278 Posts
You cant do coast down on a selespeed . So you need to do WHEEL HP or if you own a Dyno Dynamics like I do you dont need to do coast down as its is calculated based on the vehicle type ,FWD RWD or AWD which means you can do crank HP .

Yes like I said Approx no matter what the rolling road losses are calculated with of
with out cost down

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Not as informative as your readout but heres mine from Red Dot Dyno day in 2008

1 - 20 of 23 Posts