Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I recently brought a 156 I love the car she drives like a dream, but the screenwash doesn't reach the wind screen, has anyone got any ideas what would be wrong with the screenwash, its not the jets as they are not blocked, and I can here the pump working, are the head lamp washers conected to the screen wash, I havent checked them yet, I was thinking maybe a split pipe somewhere but I cant find any leaks.:confused:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
the head light washers are a seperate system & require the dipped lights to be on. the fuse & relay for that system ar ein the glovebox, yellow fuse & relay

the tubing could be block, best way to check is to remove the coolant resevoir form its location [ 3 8mm headed screws ] & then plac eon top of engine.... now you ahve full access to the washer bottle.

in that area there is a join in the piping. open it & pull the lever... water should flow if the motor is working.... therefore the pipe is blocke dor disconnected at the vents in from of the wipers

D

·
0 Posts
At least on Fiats of the same age the little "t" piece that splits the hose into the two windscreen supplies can go faulty/get blocked

·
Registered
568 Posts
Have you adjusted the range of the washers, I mean the upwards jet.Mine sprayed too low but have just adjusted them and they spray high enough now.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
tacking or sewing pin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts