Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before I scrap/put this on ebay/classifieds, is anyone in the NW interested in an 04 156 2l JTS? Was originally tuned by Gus, with a stainless straight through exhaust but engine died a week or so ago and it's sat in a garage round the corner. Gus reckons it's not worth repairing as cylinders 1 and 3 have lost compression possibly caused by a loss of oil. Was serviced in January and had been running well but smoke that I thought was dust in roadworks (but no smell) may have been the engine burning the oil off under acceleration.

Anyway it may be worth it for spares/repairs. If I can get it back round the corner to mine then it's open for viewing any time I'm available. It's in good nick apart from the engine issue so may be worth a punt if someone has an engine, wants the parts or wants a project. There were (going from memory) under 100k on the clock but will check. Anyway, if anyone is interested, drop me a line. Would ideally like more than it would get me in scrap 'cause it would be a shame to have to scrap her. Open to any sensible offers. Although I'm away until Monday, I'll be checking here from time to time and can provide a mobile/email if anyone wants any other info (or I'll respond to questions on this post). Feel free to pass this to others around the UK. Happy to negotiate storing it temporarily if required but it will currently need a tow or flatbed to move it.

I should also mention it passed it's MOT in December (think there was an advisory but I have all details at home somewhere). Oh and if I miss out on any PMs, drop the question in the thread.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Should be towering back to our drive from garage tonight or tomorrow to empty. Any interested parties?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Might be worth popping this into the 156 thread with a link to here? Someone on there might be willing to travel for it??

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did (well kinda) and have 1 possible - just taken some pics. Will refresh thread with a pic or two (albeit with a flash in the fading light!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Been pointed to this from Gaz, interested depending on price ,not to far from you either , my mobile is 07944254954
Cheers
Tom

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess I'd like a few hundred. Happy to discuss if anyone wants a look - or if anyone wants any other info.

Tommo, I'll give you a call/text tomorrow - am working 9-5.30 so depends how busy it is.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
At the right price, would also considering including my Alpine 6834R (need to check the model number) head unit and 6-disc autochanger plus faceplate surround etc. that has never been fitted - there was a thread I posted and it only needs a wire changing around but I got lazy as there is a built-in CD player that works fine anyway. Would include the rear speakers as well that were retrieved from my old car.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok, this has now been listed in the classifieds as initial interest dried up... feel free to head over and hit me with an offer.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Last chance if anyone is interested this week as I need to now think about clearing the drive...

Alternatively, if anyone wants to swap wheels and tyres so that I scrap random/illegal tyres, then let me know with a suggested price. Will check tomorrow but 99% certain that it's Dunlops all round (bluresponse I think) Similarly if anyone wanted to remove the exhaust and swap it for their's, give me a price... In fact anything can be switched so long as it's seen as "in tact" when it's scrapped...

It does need a bit of a clean as it's been sat under the car port for a few weeks now.

Tommo, if you are still interested, give me a shout. I can ring one evening if needed as I'm on early starts this week.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts