Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I've been offered a set of Original 16 Inch teledials for next to nothing.
Will they fit on my GTV? (if so is there any adjustment needed?)

Thanks... love the forum!

J

·
0 Posts
i believe the offset is slightly different and as a result you will need to get spacers in order to 'fill the arches'

hope that helps

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
It has been discussed a lot before.

The PCD and center bore are the same, only the offset which is different. The offset of the 156 wheels is 41mm and the offset of GTV wheels is 30.5mm so to achieve the same position of the wheel you would need 10mm spacers to bring the wheels out.

It may be possible that you can run the 156 wheels without spacers but as they are further in the tyre / wheel might touch on the suspension or brake calipers. Also you'd need to check the wheel bolt length as they are different too between 156 and GTV - I'm not sure if this is due to the wheels or the hubs.

·
Registered
294 Posts
They will fit straight on but as people are saying the off set is different so they wont fill the arches as well as the GTV wheels do,I used 10mm spacers all round and had on problems, that's a nice GTV you have, almost the same as mine!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its pretty crazy looking on the inside "Austin Powers" Style Red everywhere. Must take a few snaps and post them!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I do find wheel specifications complicated, so apologies for hijacking this thread, but it seems the original query is already answered.

I have been offered some 18" wheels from a SEAT. Would the following specification fit using "wobbly bolts".

18x8.0, 5x100 Stud patteren, 42 Center bore, Et34
(I guess I would need 3-4mm spacers to bring the wheels out)

Where do you get "wobbly bolts" from?

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I dont believe Seat have 42 centre bore, its more like 57.1mm like the VW's, they still wont fit though.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Cheers for advice. I think you are probably both right - 42mm centre bore would be tiny, but even 57mm won't fit without drilling to widening.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Some wheels come with a centre bore ring which can be changed to fit different size hubs - any chance these wheels have those?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hey Site looks Great!

I'm Still having the problem with the 16" Teledials.
They won't fit on the car with the bolts from my current standard lusso alloys (see avatar picture).
This is according to the guy in the local tyre shop, he put one on but said the thread wasnt long enough to leave it on safely. He told me to get new bolts but then couldn't even guarantee that they would fit on.

I've seen GTV's going around with the Teledials on... what am I missing :cry:
Do I need new bolts? I want my new wheels on!

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
The bolts that come with the 156 have about 24mm long thread and I thought the GTV ones were about 35mm long thread?

You need about 8-10mm of thread into the hub IIRC

·
Registered
294 Posts
That's strange my GTV had the old teardrop wheels,the first time i put the 156 teledials on the bolts were to long, i had to grind a few mm,s off the end of them to stop them going to far though the hub at the front, you did,t say if you are using spacers or not if you are then the old bolts will be to short, you will need extra long bolts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts