Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2003 156 1.9 Jtd sports wagon and I am looking to get it remapped as it just seems to lack the power it looks like ot should have. I want to ask what should I look out for and check before getting the map (common faults etc ) and also is there anywhere that can be recommended for the map I and based in the south east of England and I am willing to travel

·
Registered
JTD 8v stage1+
410 Posts
First do diagnosis and check errors.
Second do on road log to check injection, boost, egr etc.
Third if some issue resolve it, after remap.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I'd recommend Autolusso Bournemouth.
I normally DIY, but have used them for a couple of things I couldn't do. They're excellent, expert, and good value.

Obviously the car needs to be in good order, with no issues, no overdue belts, sludge-choked inlet manifold, leaky injector seals, neglected air filter etc. A remap will transform the car with no downside, but will be harder on the clutch if you routinely use the extra power. If that's worn expect to change it. The 147 DC/GT Cloverleaf 170hp clutch is a bit stronger. Though my 150 clutch has been fine and never slipped in over 2 years. That's now done about 30k mls and the DMF has done 90k. But I just drive the car as normal, there's seldom any opportunity to drive enthusiastically in the crowded SE. Still, it's more responsive, doesn't run out of chuff at 4k as severely as it did, and MPG (measured full to full) hasn't changed significantly (1-2mpg better in town, 1-2mpg worse on a run perhaps, with EGR & swirl flaps deleted). MOT emissions have been fast pass each year, with 0.36l/m against a max limit of 1.50l/m.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts