Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am collecting my first alfa on saturday. Im told the current battery is useless. I would like to know if i could fit a 305mm long x 175mm wide & 190mm tall battery as a temp measure to get the car home.

Im asking as i have no idea of what space there is under the bonnet of one of these cars.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
30,222 Posts
I don't think a 305mm battery will fit.

The biggest the 156 range had was 278 long & 190 high, so I'm sure that is the max that will fit.
There is stuff at both ends of the tray too, so hanging over the edge probably isn't an option!

·
Registered
30,222 Posts
Unless you put the battery in the passenger footwell and had jumper cables through the window & bonnet gap to the battery terminals.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just measured mine, I would think that battery would just about squeeze in, providing the + terminal is nearest to you and on your right. You'll have to undo the air intake pipe, and then try and squash it back on again once the battery is in though looking at mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just measured mine, I would think that battery would just about squeeze in, providing the + terminal is nearest to you and on your right. You'll have to undo the air intake pipe, and then try and squash it back on again once the battery is in though looking at mine.
hi mdb, the plus terminal would be the left, sods law....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts