Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

The rear shocks of my 156 1.8 TS (may 1998 . 144cv) are in the end of its life and I´m thinking to replace them.
I started to search online and in the midle of everything I found two low cost models that say that they are adjustable...

Ridex - 854S1719
Stark - SKSA-0130119

Does anyone have experience with these shocks?
Are they any good?
Are they really adjustable?... how does it works (how to adjust)?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I don't know if anyone has tried these. They don't appear to be adjustable.

To help you make the right choice, please:
Measure rear wheel centre to wheel arch. Expect 375-390mm.
Does your car have side skirts and 16" alloy wheels (or is it standard 15" wheels)? Alfa seemed to do a mix and match (badly) with many options.
Also, measure rear strut from the centre of the upper mounting bolt (at hub) to bottom of strut spring cup (where is is welded to strut body).
I ask this as there have been SW owners who have ended up with considerably incorrect ride height.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if anyone has tried these. They don't appear to be adjustable.

To help you make the right choice, please:
Measure rear wheel centre to wheel arch. Expect 375-390mm.
Does your car have side skirts and 16" alloy wheels (or is it standard 15" wheels)? Alfa seemed to do a mix and match (badly) with many options.
Also, measure rear strut from the centre of the upper mounting bolt (at hub) to bottom of strut spring cup (where is is welded to strut body).
I ask this as there have been SW owners who have ended up with considerably incorrect ride height.
These shocks are compatible with my car... it´s a 1998 sedan with original sport pack (here it wasd called "Sport Momo), so it´s lowered.
The Sportwagon is another thing as they came with the Nivomat system, and when you replace the original Nivomat rear shocks with normal ones you have to put new springs as the ones that came with Nivomat are shorter and also dont work very well with normal shocks...
I also have a Sportwagon... ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts