Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Was wondering if anyone could help me, I have a 99 plate 156 1.8TS that has been playing up of late. I took it to a dealer to have it plugged it and was told that i had a problem with my MAF sensor. I manged to find another unit from a salvage yard fitted it and the car was fine. However it played up again and another diagnostic showed that I needed a lambda sensor and a temperature control sensor. These were fitted and the car ran fine until again I have problems. The car when starting from cold constantly tries to cut out, misfires and has next to no power at all, when warm the car will not rev over 4500rpm and when you slow down the rev counter intermittently bounces between 900 and 1500rpm. I have got hold of a new MAF sensor but the part numbers are different old one 0280 218 019 new one 0281 002 199 not sure if there is a major difference (they both look identical), however just fitted new MAF and car still behaving erratic. So I am know either facing another bill from a garage who quite frankly Im sure do not know what they are doing or are in your hands with regards to any potential suggestions.

Cheers

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
I think that new MAF may be for a later 156, so is not right for your early 156.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advise, I dont suppose you know the best place to order a new MAF from do you as Alfa are after over £155.
Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts