Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone please assist me in finding out why my airbag warning light is lit up. I bought the car 2 weeks ago but knew about this fault when first seen. It is due MOT in June and fear it will fail due to this fault. Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
Will not fail the MOT as the airbag isn't part of the test. (Speak from experience with a Pug 206 and three MOTs before I got it fixed!)

Most likely problem is the seat connectors coming loose. Some one slams the seat back on the runners or stuffs something under the seat without checking. Disconnect the battery for 10-20 mins before you try reseating them, but you will still need a diagnostic system to turn the light off. Make sure you have any radio codes as well!

Air-bag system is DISABLED when the light is on ...

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Buy Alfadiag and my cable and you can reset the damn thing !!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My experience has been to look in the boot behind the right hand carpet- where the fuel flap is- two yellow wires- give them a wiggle and the light resets- interestingly on my 2004 156 jtd the warnings always reset themselves- even when the brakes froze in winter and also when it ran out of fuel and gave the warning that something terminal had occured! also my airbag light came on during the MOT and passed no problems. good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts