Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How viable is the engine transplant from a 1.6TS, dropping in one of the 156 V6 lumps? I would be looking to do it myself but need a bit more information on it.

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Loom, gearbox, linkage, Exhaust, Speedo, Rev counter, Engine ECU, Body ECU and Code ECU all need replacing and then there's the brakes and suspension, I WOULD NOT leave the stock twinny stuff on there, you'd really want the Brembo kit.

All in nearly £4000 to do this job.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply mate. If I were to go down the route of converting to a 2.0TS what would we be looking at then?

·
Registered
30,019 Posts
Fitting a 2.0TS into a 1.6TS would be relatively simple.
Fitting any V6 into a TS car is not easy at all. Sell the 1.6 car and buy a V6 car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What those two fellas ^ don't know about 156's isn't worth knowing imo
Nice to see im in good company! ;) I have a 04 Veloce, I love the looks of the car and dont really want to get rid of it. The logical next step is to put a bigger engine in there and keep a car that I already love. The 2.0 seems like a better move at the moment given the info you guys have given me, so what kind of parts would we be looking at to do that job? Ideally id like a good guide on doing the job so that I can take pics and create a step-by-step for anyone else whop would like to atempt the conversion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice to see im in good company! ;) I have a 04 Veloce, I love the looks of the car and dont really want to get rid of it. The logical next step is to put a bigger engine in there and keep a car that I already love. The 2.0 seems like a better move at the moment given the info you guys have given me, so what kind of parts would we be looking at to do that job? Ideally id like a good guide on doing the job so that I can take pics and create a step-by-step for anyone else whop would like to atempt the conversion.
any updates?... im in a middle of converting my alfa 147 1.6 to 2.0...

·
Registered
8 Posts
i just done a engine transplant with my brother inlaw, it takes a bit of time but it is reletivily easy... if you know the know how. my crank had gone on my 2.0L and done straight swap for a low miler... and its great. so now i have a spare engine ;o)

·
Registered
5 Posts
i just done a engine transplant with my brother inlaw, it takes a bit of time but it is reletivily easy... if you know the know how. my crank had gone on my 2.0L and done straight swap for a low miler... and its great. so now i have a spare engine ;o)
Pav.Singh, can U guide me the steps for the conversion..

i have a few questions here,

1. can i put a 2.0 TS CF2 engine into my 1.6 CF3 model?
2. Do i need to replace the wiring loom, ECU, intake manifold from the 2.0L engine?

Appreciate if anybody can help me on this.... :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts