Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been on my mind for a long time to get more power for my 2000GTV.
The easy route is to fit 45 mm carbs,High lift cams,and special exhaust and that will bring the power up to about 170BHP which is not bad for an 8 valve motor.
I like the idea of fitting a 155Q4 engine as this is basically the intergrale unit and has great tunning capabilities & good for 200BHP in standard turbo setup.
Does anyone know what is involved in fitting this engine?

thanx mel.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Originally posted by AlfaTwinCam:[QB]It has been on my mind for a long time to get more power for my 2000GTV.
The easy route is to fit 45 mm carbs,High lift cams,and special exhaust and that will bring the power up to about 170BHP which is not bad for an 8 valve motor.
I like the idea of fitting a 155Q4 engine as this is basically the intergrale unit and has great tunning capabilities & good for 200BHP in standard turbo setup.
Does anyone know what is involved in fitting this engine?

thanx mel.[/QB]
Anything is possible if you throw enough money at it. There is Roberto Gordinelli's GTA look alike that has this type of engine in it. If you want to get a look at a Q4 engine to see what you'd be letting yourself into give me a shout.

Steve

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello steve.

Its robertos GTA that got me thinking on these lines but not with all that power!!
I will get intouch with him about this modification and I am sure I will be left in no doubt on how much it will cost.
I have seen some good deals for new intergrale engines on the www but I can guess most of the money will go on all the modifications to make it fit.
And maybe a lottery win will help finance the project!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts