Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have 155 2.0 TS 16V. It is fitted with yellow Koni from Fiat Coupe and H&R springs also from Fiat Coupe. The car is a little too low for my taste and the bad roads where I live, so I want to lift it a bit.
Do you think it is a good idea that I put standard springs for 155 and keep the Koni? Can I damage the shock absorber by doing so (keeping in mind those Konis are from Fiat Coupe)?
Car is on 17inch OZ wheels if that matters
Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
You would need to measure the length of the standard 155 springs against ones removed from the Koni dampers, hopefully, the std 155 springs will be some 15- 25 -mm longer (free-length) and when fitted to the Koni dampers will increase the ride height accordingly. Remember to check the camber afterwards as raising or lowering the car will change that too. As for the 17'' OZ wheels Vs a standard 14 or 15 '' rim ..you need to check the tyre aspect ratio and the overall height of the wheel and tyre...Ie: 17 '' rim with a 45% aspect tyre vs a 15'' rim with a 60% aspect ratio..there may be quite a difference in ride and handling but not too much in overall wheel height...Just more 'bling'

1 - 2 of 2 Posts