Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Friends,Windscreen wiper action is rather crappy on the elderly lady, somewhere in the recesses of my mind,was converting motors or something from the Peugeot range??
if so which Peugeot or what other advice??
Regards
Dax

·
Registered
213 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you,Iceblue, will definitely try that 1st, Hate modifications and there resulting spiral :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:D I had bits o'Peugot on my 155 :p
:eek: Took my Alfa wiper arms off and hurled them into a ditch which is the best place for them :rolleyes:
.... :) Then I put Volvo 440 wiper arms on with Peugot 405 washer rails mounted on them,the juddering was cured by the Volvo bits and the washers are hugely improved by fitting the 405's rails........took a couple of hours to get it all done properly but I was well pleased with the results :cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Daxklynsmith said:
Thank you,Iceblue, will definitely try that 1st, Hate modifications and there resulting spiral :)
Go on! Do it! You know it makes sense....

My experience: Got a pair of 440 arms via an online breaker (they don't say Volvo on them, btw) and Bosch blades. I use 21" driver and 20" passenger. I've seen 18" passenger recommended, but its way too short to my eyes. The 20" doesn't follow the curve of the screen all the way down tho. Also, the arms are slightly shorter, so sweep an arc about an inch lower than standard.

Most importantly, THEY WORK! Less importantly, you can actually get blades for them without Main Dealer-related heartburn.

K.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi everybody! Just used wrinx way to fix my wiper! It was SO nice afterwards. No more juddering! Have a Fiat Coupe parts car, and thought I would just swap the wiper motor, but that didn't work.. Anyway, I was thinking about something. When I tried to use the wipers afterwards, they were going a bit slower "nice" i thought. But, when I started the engine they ran at full speed again.

The thing is that maybe I want them to go a bit slower, and since they were slower without the engine and the generator making power, I thought. How about using a resistor on the cable to the wiper motor to make it work slower... Not very well written and technical english, but hope you understand me...

Regards
Kjetil AKA Little- Twinny!

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
That will probably give the result you are after, but remember, the resistor will get very hot....... :(

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
If you use a 1ohm resistor from a heater motor, as I suggested in a previous post, you should find the wipers sweep at a normal speed and the resistor should stay cool enough. :)
I you really want, I could find a £14 Ford part number which would do the trick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts