Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,tried, to take out 155 today will not start engine is turning over but does not fire i have to charge the battery up every time i use the car about every 2 weeks i think the battery has gone when charged will only turn engine over once or twice and then is flat again new battery required!!!!!!!!!!!! any suggestions

·
Registered
232 Posts
Check the fuses under the steering column with a test light. There is one under there that is common to preventing them starting. . . Can't remember which one though :rolleyes:

Sounds stupid but check your glovebox bulb isn't loose (it blows all sorts of fuses and happened too my 16V about 6 or 7 times in a year period :lol:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Could just be a battery issue , but best to look for a current drain , mine will accept the tiny flashing led on the radio fascia for several weeks no problem , but any thing more & its re-charge time....

·
Registered
731 Posts
If the car's been sitting in the sun (and the weathers as good for you as it is here) then try disconnecting the air temp sensor. Hot air in the inlet tract can confuse the ECU.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just charged the battery up for 3hrs still no luck battery dies almost straight away so hopefully it is the battery

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
^^^^ What he said ^^^^
The only time I have had a problem with starting is when the battery was dying - repaced with a bigger more powerful one - and sometimes when the sun has been beating down all day it takes a few cranks to start.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Very true. However if there is not enough juice in the battery to crank it over until cold air gets in, then it's well worth disconnecting the air temp sensor ;)

If the temp is high it affects the ping calculation and the car wont start due to timing being way too far retarded.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi guys update well its not the battery! noticed the alfa code light was not going out,so put the bergundy key in hey presto out went the light and she stared first time now works with all three keys,just been out smile!!! i had many cars bmw 8 series honda civic type r but i just love this 155!!! very happy young 45 year old. just make sure you get all the keys when you buy Alfa!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
If the car's been sitting in the sun (and the weathers as good for you as it is here) then try disconnecting the air temp sensor. Hot air in the inlet tract can confuse the ECU.
Do you know if there is a permanent solution for these problem? like changing or cleaning the sensor??
Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts