Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a wide body 155 1.8 or 2.0 running if possible nct not important as I am looking for a project have owned a 155 and a 156 before and still regret leaving the 155 go. If anyone knows where I might get one in the munster area please let me know. Thanks.:thumbs:*

·
Registered
518 Posts
Ian, Shiel Motors in Ballinasloe are advertising that Blue widebody 2L Twin Spark 155, number given in Buy & Sell is 086 8218710, it says there is a key problem with car, can only be started using code, sounds like immobisler is no longer recognising key and needs to be replaced. Its issue 1906 of the Buy and Sell...which I dug out of the recycling for you!!! Benefit of being a member of the AlfaOwner.com Community.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Code problems are not the end of the world and in the majority of cases I've seen there is a quick and easy fix(although I wouldn't buy it without the maroon master key), either yellow code box or black box of relays around the battery tray.

If the master key works and the daily key doesn't than its just a case of reprogramming (DIY) or if none of the keys work then try disconnecting the code box for 30 secs. If that doesn't work then try cleaning all the contacts of the relays around the battery.
Also sometimes if there is not a full battery charge the immobiliser can start to give out.
I was thinking of buying this one myself but the driveway is already "clogged up" with two 155s, divorce city :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts