Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You've heard of The Getaway cult video where the guy razzes through Paris in a Ferrari...

....well this is my version, the "The Get-outamy-way". Not as cool, but it's Jason and my short "test" route.

It's difficult to judge speed, but when on the gas, I change into 3rd at about 60-65mph, 4th at 85-90mph and 5th at about 110mph.

It's a huge file (~19mb) and last about 6.30 mins.

Click on the link, then "download" the file to your hard drive.

Hope you like it. I plan to do more of this sort of thing for you guys

Enjoy..................

http://www.streamload.com/marloncoupar

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My Lord, that takes a while to download on dialup. Wow though, I REALLY want a V6 now. I shall have to supercharge my 16v... :eek:

J.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good bit of video footage once again malon! :D

what the hell was that london underground all about :eek: surly its not that bad :lol:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice video :cool: , but you need a louder exhaust...... Free the Italian Six!! ;) Or video with the sound portal (window) open...especially whilst driving next to acoustically reflective surfaces (read: bridges, terraced houses and the mother of them all ......Tunnels! :D )

But has anyone noticed just how drab Scotland looks :p :cheese: its almost black and white :lol:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The zorst is loud enough...trust me. The window was open a bit but all you get is wind noise picked up by the mike.
Anyway, too loud an exhaust screams "Chav...Ned etc etc" ;)

Stealth is a better approach, plus the Alfa engine sounds a very nice with muffled sporty rasp as opposed to a huge "BWOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAARRRR". Loadsa Corsa round here do that :lol: just after I pass them and they TRY to keep up :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Very Nice Marlon,

there is no better sound than the gurgle that comes from the Alfa V6 :)

thanks for the little vid of the Raz that was kewl ;)

Unfortunately I have to stick with my 2 litre lump for now. I just got a replacement for my soon to be retired 155, and altough the Super with its Aircon is a welcome sight, I cant say that I like the quick streering rack, its too light, it has no feel, and I keep hitting the locks with normal driving coming out of most T junctions. Im almost compelled to take the steering rack out of my N plate motor and shove it on the P reg if it fits.

I know what you mean by the loud exaust note (chavvy style), when I went to have a stainless system put in my N plate 6+ yrs ago, the guy in the garage said dont worry about us removing the silencer box after the cat, it wont sound too loud.....when I got in the car I was ashamed to nail the throttle for the first week and was often found diving under the dash, until I got my friend in the car so I can hear how loud it was from the outside, only to realise its alot worse inside than it is outside.

Hum :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts