Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got a 155 v6 but has been standing outside over xmas for 3 months untouched, doh!, and now when come to start the engine turns over but no go, got symptoms of has power to coil, no injector switch light on, no power to injectors fuel pump or ht leads and code key stays lit?????
tried the mechanical and elec start as the card but nowt so question is could it be damp in ecu if so where is it usually in a v6? and cant see it being immob as if it had gone then injectors would be unaffected,
help anyone ???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi
I would suggest its a problem with the 'code' system if the light is staying on as it should go off after 0.7 secs. Got to go now but will read my manual & get back to you tomorrow

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi dont know if its any help but on the earlier models the alarm and immoberliser were a combined unit as for the newer ones they are seperate as i think they had probs with them i know the newer models alarm is situated under the passenger side wheel arch but dont know where the immobiliser is situated hope this helps oh by the way i cant get anyone to work on my alarm apart from alfa as they dont release any info to garages :mad:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Simon
What year is your car? According to the manual the key being switched on causes the injection control unit(CCM) to ask the electronic key control unit(CCE) for the code of the key. If this is OK it gives a signal to the CCM to allow the engine to start. If it doesn't recognise it it puts the code light on and also the injection light.
Have you got the master key? If so I would try the re-memorising procedure. (It worked for me when my code light wouldn't go off after doing some work on the car )
1 Insert master key and turn to MARCIA and then back to OFF as soon as the code light comes on.
2 Within 10 secs remove master key and insert a normal key and turn to MARCIA and then back to OFF as soon as the code light comes on.
3 Repeat step 2 for any other keys.
4 Repeat step 2 with the master key again.
If you fail to do a step within the 10 secs you have to start from scratch.
Make sure you do all your keys as I initially did only one of mine and the when I put the non reprogrammed one in it stopped the other one (and master key) working again.

Good luck

Mike :rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi again well car still not very happy :confused: have got all 3 keys and tried rememorising code but doesnt want to know, tried everything else as well except inspecting ecu which not beitng all that electronically minded dont really want to do in case of static, therefore all can hope for is an auto elecy to help us out sob :( still praying that it is only a bit of water or dirt within ecu and not chip or ecu itself
anyway just to let you know mine is a 95 n reg widebody v6 so anyone else with any ideas please drop us a line, and thanks mike for your hint tried but nowt sadly

simon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let us know what the auto electrician finds. I had a friend with similar problems and his turned out to be a faulty relay somewhere which wasn't too expensive. He's just got himself a Mitsubishi FTO(import)and is getting rid of his well worn 155.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts