Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be possible to fit a V6 24v in a 155 V6.Anybody tryed this/know if its possible?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Thomas

There was a thread on here recently about this. Apparantly the 156 24v will not fit but the GTV engine will. Dunno why though, something about the clearance needed!

Are you thinking of doing this?

wrinx

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No,just a thought.And becource it could be a total beast.A tuning company here in Denmark does a (single) turbo kit for the V6 24v with 400 bhp.

And -okay- also becource that any of the new Alfa's pleases me :The 156 is to common,and to be honest,I don't like the 147.The 166 is to big (and expensive),and GTV or Spider hasen't got room enough (and are to expensive).

And when you first got the "tuning disease",it is very hard to get rid of :D :D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you forgot, the 155 is one hell of a macho looking car!! :D

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A guy from my local Alfa Club was selling his Alfetta GTV to finance a 3L 24V modification to his 155 V6, I think from a 164.
If I see him again I will be sure to find out more.

When the 155 was still in production, one of the main dealers (I think they were called Daytona Motors then) sold a few 155's with 3L 12V engines (maybe 2 or 3 cars). I have seen one on the showroom floor about 1997. Don't know more, except that the sales person said it performed very well.

Jacques

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can do it. It's easier if you have a 155 V6, so you can use the V6 ancillaries from the 155 to move all the thermostat housing etc, to the battery side of the engine. A GTV V6 engine or a 156 V6 engine should fit better as they all (I think) have the thermostat housing on the battery side, but the 164 and 166 is not the same. The only problem with the 2.5 24V V6 is the drive by wire thing. I wonder if that blue (UK) 145 2.5 24V has the fly by wire thingy.

I think a compromise would be an engine from a late (like '96,'97) Spider 3.0 12V. That way you can use the 155 V6 standard exhaust manifold, and I think, the thermostat etc all are in the right place.

If you have a good fabricator or you can weld yourself, I don't see a problem with any engine going in the 155. May take some work, but anything is possible.

But I think the easiest is still a Spider 3.0 V6 12V into a 155 V6. If you have a 16V, may as well turbo charge it and don't bother with the V6. Up the boost and say bye-bye to the V6ers.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jacques

Any chance of getting your mate to post on here so we can follow the progress of his modification?? :D

wrinx

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wrinx,
I will ask him next time I see him at a club meeting, hoping that he attends. Unfortunately I don't have his details to contact him sooner.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At the Dutch Alfa 155 club ( artc155.com ) there's a guy who has put an 3.0 V6 from a 164 QV in his 155.
Also there was one for sale at a local dutch "cars for sale" internet site.

So it can be done...but don't know if it can be done with the 24 valves.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not sure if this is the company you are talking about but they have some really silly 155 engine conversions & apparently can organise fitting too!
AW-Delta

Have fun.. warning.. don't look unless you want to spend lots of money on toys wink

Alex

1 - 11 of 11 Posts