Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have a 155 ts motor that I would like to put in my alfetta Gtv, is there any technical advice on the motor change

·
Registered
80 Posts
Are planing on keeping the fuel injection?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi, yes a Nord ts, not sure about the year but similar to a 75 motor

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Hi Brandon - if you have managed to lay your hands on a 75 TS motor you are a very lucky soul. These motors are increasingly difficult to find locally (we got a handful of imported 75's in SA and some imported motors) but they are a very sought after upgrade on the Old Nords. However you may or may not know that there were iterations of the TS engine that are 'Nord based' that look similar to each other but are not. The early front wheel drive 155 and 164's (pre the 1996 Fiat 16v TS's which is completely different) had Nord based engine but the fact that they were, inter alia, FWD meant that they looked similar and were similar to the (RWD) 75 TS Nords but not the same in ways that will make a difference to how you go about an instal into a 116 series car. Check this thread, http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/south-africa/379980-8v-twinsparks-many-differences-75-155-164-a.html where a forum member looked at the differences in some detail. So if you have a FWD 8 valve TS, the install will be harder (but not impossible) and if you have a 75 TS engine the instal is easier - engine mounting points, and Alfetta engine ancilliaries and front bell-housing will be mostly straight fit and you most difficult decision will be carbies or EFI and standalone management. Or you could auction it and make some real dough:biglaugh: Good luck with this instal

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi Brandon - if you have managed to lay your hands on a 75 TS motor you are a very lucky soul. These motors are increasingly difficult to find locally (we got a handful of imported 75's in SA and some imported motors) but they are a very sought after upgrade on the Old Nords. However you may or may not know that there were iterations of the TS engine that are 'Nord based' that look similar to each other but are not. The early front wheel drive 155 and 164's (pre the 1996 Fiat 16v TS's which is completely different) had Nord based engine but the fact that they were, inter alia, FWD meant that they looked similar and were similar to the (RWD) 75 TS Nords but not the same in ways that will make a difference to how you go about an instal into a 116 series car. Check this thread, http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/south-africa/379980-8v-twinsparks-many-differences-75-155-164-a.html where a forum member looked at the differences in some detail. So if you have a FWD 8 valve TS, the install will be harder (but not impossible) and if you have a 75 TS engine the instal is easier - engine mounting points, and Alfetta engine ancilliaries and front bell-housing will be mostly straight fit and you most difficult decision will be carbies or EFI and standalone management. Or you could auction it and make some real dough:biglaugh: Good luck with this instal
Okay - just see that your thread started with you mentioning a 155 TS. So harder but not impossible - still good luck:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Do I remember correctly, there were a difference in the block style of 75 and a 164 TS? or was it between the normal Nord and the TS?

Brandon, maybe you should just check with Gerhard (Cuzz or TN)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Do I remember correctly, there were a difference in the block style of 75 and a 164 TS? or was it between the normal Nord and the TS?

Brandon, maybe you should just check with Gerhard (Cuzz or TN)
75 and 155/164 TS - latter has shorter block most likely due to transverse FWD configuration of the 155/164. 75 TS block is the most closely related to the old Nord block

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
If it's an 8V, it probably is possible. It's been done locally by Turbonutters with relatively little fabrication in a Junior.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Is it a 1.7, 1.8 or 2.0l engine, might influence the decision if one wants to go though all the hassles.

In general it would be good if you have the original GTV engine + auxiliaries. If your planing to keep the fuel injection it would be helpful to have all the engine bay related electricals from the donor 155 as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts