Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I'm putting my GTA back on the road early in 2014 and have decided that I probably should not keep the 155. What sort of money can you expect for a good condition 2L widebody. I know that this is a piece of string question but I am looking for a reason not to crystallize my losses on all the money I have spent on it!!

On the GTA front I have to do
timing belt
4 tyres and wheels refurbed
airconditioning
small body work
possibly pads on the front

The last time I put it back on the road I got 2 miles out of it and the ECU packed in so I'm hoping for a bit more luck this time.....

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
You'll probably get less than the cost of the timing belt and tires to be honest:(

Is it an option to keep it but declare it off the road?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keeping it is not a problem but I have to keep it outside which on a 17 yr old car is not good. I would prefer for it to be driven as mechanically it's sound and not worth that much. With the change in motor tax I wouldn't chance changing the insurance and taking it for a sneaky ride just to keep the bits oiled and as the GTA will be taxed for 6 months initially it is a bit of a shame. If I had my own shed then there is not a chance I would sell it. For sure the GTA is going to cost a bit of money but that has little value due to the cost of taxing it. I don't think there is anything I could have thou that would bring the same smile to my face. The sound alone is something that makes me well up....

You'll probably get less than the cost of the timing belt and tires to be honest:(

Is it an option to keep it but declare it off the road?

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Rory you're a proper Alfista no doubt about it!!!
I'll have to see this famous GTA some time so I can appreciate it too and wipe the drool off your mouth!!!:lol:

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts
I'll keep a look out for your GTA, it's been a while since I've seen it.

Hopefully we'll see you & it at a meet next year :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Any reason why its famous?
Sorry Peter, bit of an in-joke.
I bought my Sportwagon off Rory so he's filled me in quite a bit about it!

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Dam! Taught there was going to be something mad about it
No Peter you're the maddest yoke on here (and that's saying something!!!!)

·
Registered
5,949 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Moved out of Penrose Wharf almost 2 years ago down to Little Island so I'd say that would account for 90% of the sightings for you!! I also tend to drive what ever alfa I have less now that paying for parking is not a problem as I have a van in work - slightly more economical around the city.

Kids are now at an age that getting to meets should be on the cards :)

I'll keep a look out for your GTA, it's been a while since I've seen it.

Hopefully we'll see you & it at a meet next year :thumbs:

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts
Moved out of Penrose Wharf almost 2 years ago down to Little Island so I'd say that would account for 90% of the sightings for you!! I also tend to drive what ever alfa I have less now that paying for parking is not a problem as I have a van in work - slightly more economical around the city.

Kids are now at an age that getting to meets should be on the cards :)

Yeah that's where I almost always saw it, I rarely park in there now either. Handy to have the use of something else alright, especially around the city.

Great, hopefully we'll see you at one soon :thumbs: If you've any suggestions of what would work for you speak up http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/republic-of-ireland/360034-any-interest-in-an-ao-cork-meet-2.html#post7065337

·
Registered
5,949 Posts

·
Registered
155, 166 & MiTo
285 Posts
Access is by prior arrangement Mon-Sat, I've been up twice since it went in to give it a start etc. As for working on it, only light stuff is allowed within the facility (they didn't elaborate on what was meant by that, but I took it to mean no removal of major components or anything with fluids).

V.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts