Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a `97P 155 1.8T.S Widebody, with the standard 15" speedlines, I bought a set of 16" anthracite speedline 5 spoke alloys which I removed from a 2.5 V6 of the same year at the scrappy (7x16 H2 40) I tried fitting them today, the rears are fine but the fronts don`t clear the caliper, obviously it looks like I will need spacers, Does anyone know the thickness of spacer I will need and will it require longer bolts? It seems strange to me that the 1.8 has larger calipers than the 2.5? anyone able to shed some light onto this would be appreciated!:confused:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah OK, I didn`t notice when I removed them from the 2.5, the car`s hit the crusher now so looks like a trip to Halfrauds! Thanks for the info.:)

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
The spacers stick to the hub and then grime and dirt makes them invisible as separate parts.

The part number is 60591496 if you want the genooine part and if they're still available.

Alfa 145/6 used the same item if you're hunting round the scrappies.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
183 Posts
And you'll need the bolts from the scrapper as well as the 16" speedlines use a longer wheelbolt!

If you don't use the longer bolt you run a considerable risk of the wheelbolts coming undone, has happened to a few people on 155.org!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought a set of universal spacers today to use at the moment, and I did take the bolts off the scrapper at the time so all is well, I`m going to order the genuine spacers though, as the universal ones don`t centre. (I remember using Eibach spacers on my old 156 after fitting brembo 4 pots) much easier for changing a wheel in the dark! Thanks for all the advice on this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts