Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, whether a 156 6 speed manual would fit on a 155? Its said that the 155 and 156 share the same block, so the fitment of the box should be the same... no?

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Different block I would have thought - 156 is 24V, also I think the clutch setup is different - on the TS the slave cylinder is inside the bell housing - would be quite a job :eek:

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
The block of the v6 is the same, it's just the heads that are different.

The 6 speed gearbox slavecylinder is on the outside. I think thats the least of your problems anyway.

What about gear linkage?

What about gearbox mounts?

Speed sensor?

Driveshafts? The knuckle on the 155 is different to that of the 156, not to mention length of the driveshafts, location of intermediate driveshaft bearing?

I dont think it's worth the hassle :rolleyes:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was referring to the 4 pot block from a 156 not the V6.

You are probably right that its too much hassle. I guess that type of question is best put forward to someone like Rusper Alfa who will be able to confirm the differences between the two.

Ahh well, it was a thought from dreamland anyway :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
The V6 block is totally different from the four pot one. That goes for both the 155 and the 156. [edit: the 6 speed box is only fitted to the V6] If you want, you could install a Selespeed gearbox/system on your 155 though :p

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AlfaJack said:
I knew what car you drive and I still wrote that :eek: think iv lost it! :eek: :D
:D

me thinks its time for tea and biscuits me old chum :p

selespeed :eek: nahh, I like pulling on the old stick, its a man thing. I'll leave the buttons for the girls :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts