Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I've just bought a Q4 (UK car) & I'm interested in the bag in the boot, apparently it's for the headlight washers.. but didn't they make some Q4's with waterspray onto the intercooler? any advice would be great.

Cheers,
Alex

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

The bag in the boot is for spraying water over the intercooler.

The system cames already installed from the factory (not in all Q4's but in early ones), but not ready to work. You have to put water into the bag and to conect the relay under the steering wheel. Its an easy job, that will take you not more that one hour. The spray will be activated when the boost pressure reaches at least 0.7 bares, and will help to cool the air coming into the engine.
My Q4 has the system connecting and its nice hearing the relay making 'brissssssss' when start flushing the water.
If you give me an e-mail I will send you a diagram with the way the system should be activated

Cheers
Juan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Alex, a Q4 eh ????
A bit quicker than the old Silverstone then. Have you kept your old car ?????

Marlon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Marlon,

Yup, it's definately quicker than the Silverstone, though not by all that much once they are both going! It does have silly amounts of grip though..I didn't think it was possible to love roundabouts more! wink

At the moment I have both cars, I'm undecided on what to do with the Silverstone.. Hmmm

Alex

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
check out the power increase for the you get with a Squadra chip on the Q4 !!!!
I was looking at the graphs on the alfaowner online shop and the squadra site. Impressive !!!!

Marlon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts