Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I test drove a 155 Q4 to help a friend in his purchase of one of these beasts. The car is fantastic all round but we noticed a slight vibration when on the road which seems to me to be wheels not balanced or maybe one is a bit bent.

After having a badly tuned prop on a GTV6 rip the tranny apart, I'm a bit weary of transmision problems especially on an AWD so I'm wondering if there is anything on the Q4 transmision that could cause this type of vibration and how can we tell.

Any help/advice appreciated kindly!

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
I had a slight vibration from mine at about 70 - 80mph, It went away after I got 4 new tyres put on - the ones that came off were ok - I think where they had been on a FWD car before and the fronts had more wear, thus smaller rolling radius this may have caused it - just a theory. They were all balanced properly too. If it happens to have the black 5-spoke wheels - these are prone to buckleing too :rolleyes: :D :)

Hope this helps a bit :)

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AlfaJack said:
I had a slight vibration from mine at about 70 - 80mph, It went away after I got 4 new tyres put on - the ones that came off were ok - I think where they had been on a FWD car before and the fronts had more wear, thus smaller rolling radius this may have caused it - just a theory. They were all balanced properly too. If it happens to have the black 5-spoke wheels - these are prone to buckleing too :rolleyes: :D :)

Hope this helps a bit :)
It does indeed. Thanks!
:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts