Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know there is 2 pumps one is for the windscreen other is for the headlights, now the washers work when headlights are on!

now i did a multimeter with the plug going on the pump and when i tried it there was no change in voltage! cause i think it works when you wash the windscreen with the lights on it works for few seconds right?

is there a fuse for this ? and can i try the pump with a 12v supply ?

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
It sounds as if you have the windscreen washers connected to the headlight washer pump.
the smaller pump (closest to the outside of the car) is for the windscreen, and the larger (towards the engine) is for the headlamps.
the headlamp washer will only work when the lights are on.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds as if you have the windscreen washers connected to the headlight washer pump.
the smaller pump (closest to the outside of the car) is for the windscreen, and the larger (towards the engine) is for the headlamps.
the headlamp washer will only work when the lights are on.
thanks

yes its as you said the windscreen washer pump works ok and yes its on the outside of the car!

but the other one still doesn't work with lights on! any ideas ?

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
thanks

yes its as you said the windscreen washer pump works ok and yes its on the outside of the car!

but the other one still doesn't work with lights on! any ideas ?
You can test for 12v delivery at the plug - with lights on of course.

You can also test the washer pump by applying 12v directly to the terminals.

It's probable that the pump has seized -there is a small rubber seal on the spindle that perishes over time, and water then gets inside the pump, rusts what it can, and seizes the whole thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts