Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a fuel pipe for my 1997 1.8 16v ts
The pipe I need is the short pipe from the petrol tank goin to the fuel filter.
Its the front pipe on the sender and is coloured white, at tank connection.

Mine is leaking, replaced the 2 O rings but think there must be hair line crack in white elbow.

Unless anyone knows if there is some glue or something to coat existing elbow :)

Contact me on 0777 90 1 90 90

Melvyn, ps am in Exmouth.
Had my 155 near 14 years, 165k now, great car, and reliable, still a flyer ! :cool:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thinking on does anyone know if the tank sender unit this is connected to is same as other models ?
Would another Alfa model's pipe fit ?
And the pipe would need to be similar length ?

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
I need a fuel pipe for my 1997 1.8 16v ts
The pipe I need is the short pipe from the petrol tank goin to the fuel filter.
Its the front pipe on the sender and is coloured white, at tank connection.

Mine is leaking, replaced the 2 O rings but think there must be hair line crack in white elbow.

Unless anyone knows if there is some glue or something to coat existing elbow :)

Contact me on 0777 90 1 90 90

Melvyn, ps am in Exmouth.
Had my 155 near 14 years, 165k now, great car, and reliable, still a flyer ! :cool:
It's a common problem for the little elbows to fracture.
Not sure if the connectors are the same on a 156 or others.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi yes the top has a stud, had to cut the nut off the stud with a dremel, only thing that would get in there, between cables etc.
Seems to be the white elbow tho, hard to tell, but thats the wettest 1.

Going Vospers Exeter there is the old parts man from the Original Alfa dealer in Exeter, he might have good idea, :)

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
The clamp that holds the flared ends of each elbow piece pressed down into the fuel pump frets against the elbow piece and wears through it. Mine lasted aboot 180,000 miles.. so not too dissimilar to yours.

I had the last new one in the UK at the time :eek: so you'll be out of luck at the dealers.

The fuel level sender is the same part as on the Fiat Tempra (so possibly Tipo) and that means the fuel pump (or at least the pipes) may be the same too. You might have more luck finding one of these in the breakers than a 155.

The important bit is the end with the elbow.. since it's bonded to the plastic tube with no way to undestructively separate them. If you find a pipe with the right elbow piece then at least you can connect the fuel pipe to the pump, even if it means moving the filter.

The other end has a banjo bolt arrangement where it connects to the fuel filter.. again it looks like you can't separate them.... but I'm guessing that the pipes (155, Tempra, Tipo) won't be much different in length... so if you find one, it'll probably fit?

Ralf S.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Ralf got a New Fiat Tipo, Tempra 1, they share a common pipe, will be trying it tomorrow, will post later whatever happens.
Fingers crossed.
Lots of this car is common to Fiat, makes it cheap to maintain ha ha
You need good Alfa Fiat parts man and view the computer with him !!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just seen that 155 site, cheers will look again later, I have had my widebody about 12/13 years, great car and getting rare now, very rare.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Fiat Tipo / Fiat Tempra Common to both, Petrol pipe fitted My Alfa 155 1.8 ts 16v great.

Always nice to know there is a "fix" to keep this widebody 155 on the road Cheers all

1 - 10 of 10 Posts