Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ther fellow Alfa Loons.
I am seriously thinking about up-rating my brakes, and since the 155 is the same floor plan as things like the Lancia Dedra Turbo etc, can i fit the(bigger?) brake disks or disk up-grades for such cars with minimum difficulty.
If not how do i get big disks/brakes relatively less expensively?
Yrs Eddie

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'd have thought the 2.0 areabout as big as they come on the Alfa/Fiat/Lancia range of the period but will probably be wrong :rolleyes:

Form memory someone tried to fit Porsche brakes :eek: and FIAT coupe but they would need some work apparantly.

wrinx

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you really need bigger brakes or will uprating the components be enough?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im workin on a set of big brakes at the mo using alfa and fiat parts to try and reduce cost hopefully they will be done for keswick and i will post some pics when finished. for better brakes you could try braided hoses , drilled and groved discs and perfomance pads for a relative small amount of money :rolleyes:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Eddie Slade said:
Hi ther fellow Alfa Loons.
I am seriously thinking about up-rating my brakes, and since the 155 is the same floor plan as things like the Lancia Dedra Turbo etc, can i fit the(bigger?) brake disks or disk up-grades for such cars with minimum difficulty.
If not how do i get big disks/brakes relatively less expensively?
Yrs Eddie
Eddie I'm sorry to rain on your parade but the 2l 16valve 155 uses the same discs as the Dedra turbo and most of the Fiat/Lancia/Alfa 2 litre 16 valvers and the calipers from the Dedra turbo are common to Tipo 16 valve, Croma turbo and Coupe 16v inc. Turbo etc., etc., so I'm not to sure it's gomnna be worth the bother of changing for the the Dedra brakes. :(

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe Eddies car is the 2.0litre 8v which uses the smaller discs ???

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
daiblack said:
Eddie I'm sorry to rain on your parade but the 2l 16valve 155 uses the same discs as the Dedra turbo and most of the Fiat/Lancia/Alfa 2 litre 16 valvers and the calipers from the Dedra turbo are common to Tipo 16 valve, Croma turbo and Coupe 16v inc. Turbo etc., etc., so I'm not to sure it's gomnna be worth the bother of changing for the the Dedra brakes. :(

Hi Daiblack,
as Marlon suggests my 155 is an 8v, so would the same group parts still fit and more importantly are there any big-brake upgrades for any of the others i could fit giving me bigger disks etc, 'cause i can't find any for a 155 without spending the earth.
Yrs Eddie

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
marlon said:
Maybe Eddies car is the 2.0litre 8v which uses the smaller discs ???
Hi Marlon,
Yes my 155 is an 8v. so can i still fit the bigger bits off the other cars? Or are there any big-brake conversions i could use without spending heaps?
Yrs Eddie
Ps i also replied to Daiblack.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Eddie There are a few 16 valvers and V6's being broken and the brakes off them might suit your purposes, as they should be a bolt on job, but if you go for brakes from a 16 valve it's gotta be a 2 litre :D :D :D and you could use the master cylinder off a V6 which is just over a mm bigger in diameter and the same stroke as the 16 valve :D :D

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've done a brake conversion for my 1.8 16V with a set from a 2.0 16V. My original disc was 257mm. What I had to change was the calipers and pads (larger in size), disc (284mm) and the steering knuckle. I didn't have to change the brake master cylinder, and the brake works great, quite an improvement from the original setup. I'm now running Jurid brake pads, standard stuff, but bites very well and doesn't fade too easily. My mechanic got me a set for the 164 Turbo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts