Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
Im soon to have be the proud owner of 1.8. 16v 155.
I currently own a 2.0 16v, which i plan to use as a donar car. I have been toying with the Idea of swapping the ECU from my 2.0litre into my soon to be 1.8. Giving me an instant 10 BHP increase, Theoretically. Has anyone attempted anything of this nature, and if so to what effect.

Will post some pics as soon as the new one is in my possesion.
Regards

Domenic :D

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Err, why would this result in an increase. The main difference in power is due to the engine sizes...the ECU will only control the mapping (maybe slightly different tho!).

.........unless I'm very wrong :rolleyes:

wrinx

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Dom21 said:
Guys,
Im soon to have be the proud owner of 1.8. 16v 155.
I currently own a 2.0 16v, which i plan to use as a donar car. I have been toying with the Idea of swapping the ECU from my 2.0litre into my soon to be 1.8. Giving me an instant 10 BHP increase, Theoretically. Has anyone attempted anything of this nature, and if so to what effect.

Will post some pics as soon as the new one is in my possesion.
Regards

Domenic :D
You might get a 10hp increase if you swap the engines :rolleyes: chances are if you swap the ecu the settings will be wrong and it`ll just run like a pig

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm,
I understand that you would have to get around the keycode issue.
Probelly not such a good idea after all. I guess a squadra chip would be the easiest way of getting a little more power form it.

Cheers

Dom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts