Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I have a 1996 wide body 155 that developed a wiper issue last week. Turns out the linkage for the driver wiper wore itself out at one side. Wonder would anybody know where I could pick one up? You can see part of it in the picture and it goes all the way over to the pivot point for the driver wiper - about 18" in length I imagine. Failing that are the plastic sockets on them a standard fit? It looks like a lack of grease on the metal ball caused a bit too much wear and tear.

Thanks

Rory

Attachments

·
Registered
731 Posts
Might be cheaper to remove it and bring it up to a local engineering shop and get one made. It's just a bar with a hole in each end right?

Nice colour, Nordic blue is it?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The BEST colour :thumbs:
e

these are my two babies. The GTA is Gabbiono Blue but I never knew the correct color of the 155. Did a post on 155.org as suggested in previous post and have linkage winging its way to me in the next couple of days. Torn by 155. It is 17 years old and suspension is perfect. It had sport suspension factory fitted and it is still very tight. Small suck on the exhaust but nothing major. Would prefer to store rather than sell but have real want to put GTA back on road. Both amazing cars. GTA should be heads up winner but the steering in the 155 is full of feedback - love it, GTA is f$%ks loads heavier. Friend of mine has a 33 1.7 which sounds like a Revolution is about to start.......he..he.. Alfas are like your wife. You know they are not like the latest model but the fact that you are still in love with them 20years on says it all....

:)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Great post Rory!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
e

these are my two babies. The GTA is Gabbiono Blue but I never knew the correct color of the 155. Did a post on 155.org as suggested in previous post and have linkage winging its way to me in the next couple of days. Torn by 155. It is 17 years old and suspension is perfect. It had sport suspension factory fitted and it is still very tight. Small suck on the exhaust but nothing major. Would prefer to store rather than sell but have real want to put GTA back on road. Both amazing cars. GTA should be heads up winner but the steering in the 155 is full of feedback - love it, GTA is f$%ks loads heavier. Friend of mine has a 33 1.7 which sounds like a Revolution is about to start.......he..he.. Alfas are like your wife. You know they are not like the latest model but the fact that you are still in love with them 20years on says it all....

:)
SNAP!! I had the exact same pair as you but unfortunately I let my 155 go last year :cry: (for £200!!) :confused:

GTA looks black but is actually very dark metallic blue called 'Cosmos Blue' and is a lovely colour when polished up

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SNAP!! I had the exact same pair as you but unfortunately I let my 155 go last year :cry: (for £200!!) :confused:

GTA looks black but is actually very dark metallic blue called 'Cosmos Blue' and is a lovely colour when polished up
Excellent. :thumbs: I had a Cosmos Blue Alfa before and preferred it to black as it had a lovely glitter in it. GTA has been with me a long time - had 3 baby seats in it at one stage, two in the back and one in the front for short trip to crèche.... Keeping both alfa's on the road is a taxing problem, specifically €2600 per year in road tax and the minimum period of time is 3 months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts