Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I'm considering letting my 1.8 155 go and wanted to sound out the parish brains trust as to rough price. She's '95 but an 8v, so probably about the last 8v sold here.

The bodywork is sound, apart from the very recent arrival of some rust bubbles just to the front of the factory fitted sun roof along with a couple minor dings and scratches. Mechanically OK but would need a new cat to pass an NCT.

This isn't a sales ad, I'm not taking offers as I haven't made up my mind on whether to sell or store the car as a later "return to former glories" project. Right now, she a little shabby, so looks her age, but the underpinnings are sound.

Just wanted to know what you guys through it might roughly be worth.

Cheers

V.

J

·
0 Posts
Shabby 155 is not worth a lot. Even decent examples struggle to get over 1500 quid, I had a look at a fellas 155 in moate. He is fairly well known in alfa circles and the car was in great nick and it w up for 1500 at the time if the need for diesel wasnt so high for me i would have bought it. Oh it was a 16v also with a few tweaks.

I sold my old 155 (8v) red with black speedlines, but to be fair it needed a lot of work, bodywork and paint mostly but mechanically sound. It went for €250...

Honestly, I would and/Or hang on to it till they get a bit rarer and turn it into a good example. In another 5 years they'll be like hens teeth also I reckon the 8v will become the more desirable due to its rarity and timing chain.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
What are the 8v twinnys like? They are a lot stronger than the new 16v CF1 / CF3s?

I would love a 155 at some point. I drove Mark's 16v 2 litre at the Kilkenny meet and was well impressed.

J

·
0 Posts
I didn't get much of a chance to drive mine as it was bought as a project but what I did get I enjoyed, it was very gutsy as I remember. The was a few steep hills on the drive home and it was rude not to boot it, plenty of power for the inclines.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IMHO, the 8v revs much more freely and rewardingly than its younger and more regulated 16v relative. The 155 with a TS really is a great car. Notched up a lot of very happy coast to coast miles in mine before the motorway network was completed. By comparison, the 3 series BMW feels a lot more solid but lacks the sense of the driver/car/road all being connected in the experience of moving you from point A to point B while putting a smile on your face.

V.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A quick update. I've decided to keep the car. She's being taken off the road and the end of the month and going into storage. The plan is to restore her to former glories in a couple of years.

V.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Glad to hear your keeping it but would strongly advise you treat the rust areas before you do. may save you a lot of extra agro later on :thumbs:

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
A quick update. I've decided to keep the car. She's being taken off the road and the end of the month and going into storage. The plan is to restore her to former glories in a couple of years.

V.
Nice one :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I've had two 155's both 16v, the first 1.8 and the second well known on here was a 2.0, personally I wouldnt pay more than €500.
But fair play if your gonna do her up proper, they are so rare now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts