Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above. The phenomenon is exactly the same as pulling in the choke too soon on a car with a manual choke. Once it's warmed up it runs fine and clean........

We've got a 2litre 16valve twin spark lying about (soon to be sold complete for spares/repairs) so I thought we might try swapping the sensors over this weekend. Any ideas which would make the most sense to try first? (I'm assuming that the sensors are the same..........) ;)

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
fingers99 said:
As above. The phenomenon is exactly the same as pulling in the choke too soon on a car with a manual choke. Once it's warmed up it runs fine and clean........

We've got a 2litre 16valve twin spark lying about (soon to be sold complete for spares/repairs) so I thought we might try swapping the sensors over this weekend. Any ideas which would make the most sense to try first? (I'm assuming that the sensors are the same..........) ;)
try the one in the thermostat housing, IIRC that one gives the ECU information about the engine temp. I'm not quite sure about 16v engines though

1 - 2 of 2 Posts