Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cooling fan has not been switching on automatically for couple of years now !

I have hard wired it to the battery with a push pull switch in grill :)

Does anyone know if its easy fix, what controls the fan ?
Switch, or ECU ?

Car is P reg 155 1.8 16V TS Wide Body
Anyone know good deal on fitting cambelt around Exeter ?

·
Registered
13,227 Posts
The switch is mounted in the radiatore (on the left, if you were in the car). It has a fairly chunky connector going to it with 2 wires from memory.. and it just screws in (22mm spanner I think).

You just need to get a replacement one - even from a breakers. That would've probably been less hassle than wiring in the by-pass switch, to be honest... :D

Ralf S.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just looked, no switches in the radiator or wires going to the radiator.
Big hose leaving the top of the radiator, going to what could be thermostat housing on the block, opposite end to cambelt ?
2 wires going to switch ? on that. Big chunky, green top protector.

·
Registered
13,227 Posts
I'll have to have a peek under my bonnet to remember what's where... I may be getting my TS confused with my v6.. :D

Having said that, I have an alloy top motore and that might be more "old skool" and have the switch in the rad'. If you have a plastic top then that may be more sophisticated (ECU driven fan).

The plug by the thermostat will be the sender for the temperature gauge... and I presume your temperature gauge works okay. Mine is blue not green though. If you have a green and a blue one, then one of them could be the sender to the ECU (if that's what your setup is).

Ralf S.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts