Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seen this image while browsing google images.

I've seen a few pics that are obviously rendered models but this looks like a photo, all be it a scan of a paper or mag.

M

·
0 Posts
I'm hoping it will look something like that:) There has been some pics of it that look really awful:(

M

·
0 Posts
Dare I say from that angle that the rear looks a bit like a Seat Leon:eek:
But no doubt the Alfa will look better:)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Don't think that's real, just looks like a bit of photoshoppery extrapolated from the 8C concept press release photos. And I hope the front doesn't look like that :vomit:

Too vulgar.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
It's definitly a photoshop using the original 8C publicity photos from a couple of Years ago.

I am with GD on this one though...I think it looks bloody horrible and completely out of proportion. I can see most of the Alfa range taking styling cues from the 8C over the next couple of years though:(

·
Premium Member
77,396 Posts
this is a shot from AutoExpress

I'm in two minds

having said that I saw the Spider ad the other day and thought it looked sensational - and I wasn't sure about the execution of that at first

·
Premium Member
77,396 Posts
the 147 never got better than launch, did it

the restyled (last gen) Spider and GTV was a botch job

the 156 revamp was a bit half-baked in concept, though well executed

i need to see this on the road

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm sure if it's due for Q4 release then the design is all but completed. It's a good job I'm too tight to buy a new car otherwise I'd be holding off my purchase until release.

·
Premium Member
77,396 Posts
so....the smallest car will be the Alfa Racer (based on the Punto)...I've heard it called "junior" elsewhere

then the 149 (if they call it that).......on a unique platform

and the 169 will have RWD

·
Super Moderator
114,703 Posts
Here's some info on it saying it won't be built on the Bravo platform, it says towards the bottom of the article

http://www.channel4.com/4car/news/news-story.jsp?news_id=15868&ref=archive
That to me makes no sense whatsoever. I think a bit of creative journalism.

so....the smallest car will be the Alfa Racer (based on the Punto)...I've heard it called "junior" elsewhere

then the 149 (if they call it that).......on a unique platform

and the 169 will have RWD
The 169 will be RWD because it uses the same platform (and other bits?) of the new Maserati Quattroporte.

·
Registered
662 Posts
the pic of teh silver 149 is rotten, really horrible revision of teh 147 imo, it may grow on me but i doubt it. at least the one more 8c styled is nice if a little vulgar imo

1 - 20 of 29 Posts