Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am just about to change jobs and as a result my annual mileage will up from ca 15k to more like 40K miles. As part of the role I can claim mileage allowance but it mean my 147GTA will fgo from ca 45K now to ca 90K in 12months........I love the car and don't want to sell it! (2004 MY)

Options I see are:-

1. Keep it and at 90k after 12months do more work on it to keep it going (brakes. engine etc)
2. Sell it now and get a diesel....yes I said diesel!!!
3. Contract Hire an alfa?
4. Others I havent thought of..........

Help!

·
Registered
124 Posts
keep the GTA for the weekend and lease a passat diesel to flog during the week ! The VW will be reliable so you can get your work done and you can still have fun on the weekend. Its will be like a reward for a long 5 day week :)

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
keep the GTA for the weekend and lease a passat diesel to flog during the week ! The VW will be reliable so you can get your work done and you can still have fun on the weekend. Its will be like a reward for a long 5 day week :)
What he ^ said! Get another motor to use during the week :)

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Yep get a cheap weekday car but get something like a citroen c1 1.4hdi. If you are doing that sort of milleage I assume you are doing motorway work? With a car like this you will see 80mpg so you will probably make a fair bit on your car allowance.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I use a Panda Sporting (1.3 litre MultiJet turbodiesel) for daily driving and to make it more fun had it remapped to almost 100BHP (up from 70BHP standard). Its extemely cheap to run, got plenty of overtaking torque and loads of space. :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts