Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gents,

So my 147 has accumulated a few scratches and chips here and there, I considered doing an entire respray but the cost seems way too high for my budget. So my other option is to wrap the car. :p :p

I was just wondering if any of you out there had either wrapped a 147 or any other Alfa for that matter - how did it turn out? And if anyone knows the best place to go for such a job - I got a quote for R10500 from the "car spa" in JHB but I study down in CT so I can also get it done down there.

Another thing is that I really want to wrap it in matt black but I have heard it is a mission to take care of so I might opt for a white wrap as there aren't too many white 147's out there! :D :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
No idea on prices but just wanted to say please don't make your car mat black. You rather go for the white (just my opinion) I'm sure you will go with whatever your heart desires though.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
No idea on prices but just wanted to say please don't make your car mat black. You rather go for the white (just my opinion) I'm sure you will go with whatever your heart desires though.
+1 I dont understand the current obsession with matt finishes.

A wrap can be a good option if you get it done right though.

K

·
0 Posts
I have a few vehicles wrapped at work. It's not a perfect solution but they are on bakkies so not stressing. Problems are on creases on panels as wrapping lifts over time and gets air behind it . This brakes through. Also need more care when washing and product used which is no different anyway to what we do use

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I see wraps the same as cone filters.
If you drive a Golf do what you want. On an Alfa please don’t.

K

·
0 Posts
Wraps are also for race cars if you have the budget every time you want to get creative with a design . You still looking at min R6000 . It's quite fun designing stuff for the track as you can mist colours into each other with the expert airbrushing dude.
Have a look at a 156 touring car with the black on bottom half coming into red .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Surely touching up the paint will be better (and cheaper) long term?

Spending R10k for a stick on "paint job" that will look terrible in a few years seems excessive to me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My brother wraps cars in jhb. You looking between 8k and 10k. If you want i'll pm you his details. He did all Lolly Jacksons cars - the last one being his skyline. My boet sat with it for two months after Lolly got shot. Eventually they came for it. .....Damn

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Surely touching up the paint will be better (and cheaper) long term?

Spending R10k for a stick on "paint job" that will look terrible in a few years seems excessive to me.
I must agree with this. I just had my car beautifully sprayed on bare metal from the doors forward at Selfords Panelbeaters for R7k.
This included chemically stripping the previous lower quality paint.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts