Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Wonder if anyone has any advice.........seen a 147 that I like 52 plate, black, 1.6 Lusso, cream leather 37k (cambelt changed at 32k)

BUT......

The front passenger window isn't working
Airbag warning light on
Sidelight warning on (but sidelights work)

Anybody got any advice for a Newbie as to whether I should steer clear or if these are fairly easy problems to solve?? I know that airbag warnings are now an MOT failure and the MOT is due in May

Any help would be massively appreciated, as I need to make a decision by tomorow aaarrrggghhhh!
Thanks
Sarah
x

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
Depends on the price, I guess.....front window isn';t a serious problem - £50 or so to fix, max....airbag light may be a simple fix, and I believe at present will probably only be an advisory....so worth getting re-MOT'd asap,, or at least before April......Sidelight warning - don't know...just had this on a 147 I was testing.....someone suggested it was a body computer issue - which isn't good news....

If its around a grand or so...maybe worth a punt -otherwise - there are plenty of cars out there......:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for that, it's £1990 and they won't drop any, maybe I shouldn't go for it??

It's such a shame as its just what i want!!

Oh well

x

D

·
0 Posts
That is way overpriced.
I'd walk away plenty out there.
IF you do want to go for it then
a) check the number plate lights work then check the connections to the rear lights
b) check when the timing belt was done - its 3 years or 36k so on a very low mileage car could be needing another belt
c) airbag light could just be either an old fault or current one - may be connections under seat

If its a trader then insist on all issues being fixed and a new MOT

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
The bulb out light could well be a body computer problem - lots of 147's have this issue (including mine but mine is random, not all the time). its certainly not going to get better on its own and could well get worse over time requiring a new computer (at much expense). Might just be a fault bulb but are you prepared to take the risk?
Air bag - could be anything from a loose connection to a new airbag ECU. Again, are you prepared to take the risk?

About £1500 is right for that age of car given the low mileage and assuming the dealer could make it fault free.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks so much everyone, decided not to go for it now, not worth the stress!! I'm thinking I might also look at 156's aswell now as there isn't much about in my neck of the woods :(

I'll keep looking though
x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts