Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will you do any polishing over winter?
Depends on what wax or coating i end up going for but with this stuff i wont be Polishing until summer time comes back around, then it will be back to normal waxing periods,

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It depends on how long you want, dodo juice waxes are good and last for about 3 - 5 months depending on the use of the car, mu personal favourite of the dodo juice range is blue velvet. i have chosen artdeshine art de spiros for this years winter protection, its more of a ceramic sealant than a wax but has a durability of up to 10 months,

Right now i am testing a home brew wax for a gentleman on DW that was brewed for durability so should be good to see how that holds up,

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can still use it on light coloured cars, in fact any colour of car will be fine, it adds a tint to the paint work but its not a colour change if that makes sence. Theres a really good thread that dom made on the dodo juice forum that shows the colour difference on a white bonnet after so many coats of a colour changed wax, i will try find the link to it for you

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
i've only used 3 waxes/sealants. never needed to try anymore.
finis kare 1000p, finsh kare pink wax or megs #16.
all three will give to protection till it's time to wax for summer.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
mpg - loving the beading on that badboy. :thumbs:

D

·
0 Posts
You can still use it on light coloured cars, in fact any colour of car will be fine, it adds a tint to the paint work but its not a colour change if that makes sence. Theres a really good thread that dom made on the dodo juice forum that shows the colour difference on a white bonnet after so many coats of a colour changed wax, i will try find the link to it for you
The link would be great, weather is looking ok tomorrow so i will get some carumba wax just to give her a bit of protection until i get some dodo juice.

D

·
0 Posts
Thanks, good reading and as mine is a light blue it shouldnt really make any difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts